Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Now What?

"We start out in high chairs, we end up in wheel chairs and somewhere between the two we have to figure where our happiness lies and then start marching in that direction"- Unknown

It doesn't happen anymore, but I use to find myself asking 'what now?' It was very depressing to get stuck in life where I didn't have any new goals and everyday was spent doing the same old thing while feeling trapped. That's all over now and everyday (mostly) is spent improving myself in someway so that I can achieve my goals and feel like I'm actually accomplishing something.
With that being said, the past couple years I have really started realizing how bad other people think they have it or love to point fingers and blame everybody else. I don't have time, I hate my job, people will laugh at me, my friends are doing it, I'm too shy- are things that everyone hears and mostly everyone feels on some level every single day. Some people are so focused on excuses and bad things that I can tell they are negative within a few minutes of meeting them. "There have been billions of people that have lived before all of us, there are no new problems you can have that someone else hasn't solved and wrote about it in a book"- Will Smith. I love that quote, so many people think whatever situation they're in is impossible to get out of and that's just the way it is. I have learned so much from reading books and over half the books I own are self help or success genre books. I absolutely believe what you think about you bring about.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you feel like you're stuck- take some time and really think about what it is you want. Write it down if you have to, and try to do one thing tomorrow (or right now) that will put you on a path to whatever it is you seek. Buy an informative book, throw out all your junk food, take a holiday, start that business, lose all your negative friends. Whatever it is you want to accomplish, you're not going to even get a little bit closer unless you take one step towards it. I often rewrite and tweek my goals. The end goals usually always remain the same but the path to get to them is constantly changing and that's what makes life exciting. When you do reach that end goal, it's the greatest feeling in the world and you know you can think of even bigger and better things to do and start working towards another.

Not sure what my next post will be, might try to use my video camera I've had for over a year but have hardly used...

No comments:

Post a Comment